And the winners are...
|1st PRIZE (€500)
John Hoey, James Dardis & Darren O'Connor, 1st year students on the BA in Video & Film Production in DKIT.
|2nd PRIZE (€300)
David Mc Connon, 2nd year student on the BA in Communications & Creative Multimedia in DKIT.
|3rd PRIZE (€200)
Helen Gargan, 1st year student on the BA in Video & Film Production in DKIT.
In conjunction with the Reel Africa Film Festival, DKIT are proud to announce details of a student short film competition.
Students are required to produce a 60-second short exploring their perceptions of Africa based on the title ‘My Reel Africa’. The competition is open to any genre of short, e.g., fiction, documentary, animation, experimental video, etc.
The top ten films as chosen by the selection panel will be screened during the festival, to be held in Dundalk Institute of Technology from May 22nd-24th 2008.
1st prize: €500
2nd prize: €300
3rd prize: €200
Entries should be submitted on DVD only to:
Sarah McCann, Festival Director, The Reel Africa Film Festival, Dept. of Humanities, DKIT, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
A completed entry form must be included with your DVD. The entry form can be downloaded below. There is no entry fee. The closing date for entries is Thursday 22nd May by 5pm. Competition rules are listed below and on the official entry form.
Download these guidelines in .pdf format here
Download the official entry form in .pdf format here
Download Adobe Reader
- Participants must be residents of ROI (Republic of Ireland) or NI (Northern Ireland);
- Participants must be registered as either full-time or part-time students in a third-level institution;
- All entries must be submitted with an official entry form. E-mailed entries will not be accepted. There is no entry fee. You can enter as often as you choose. Entries will not be returned;
- You remain the owner of the intellectual property of the material submitted by you. By entering the competition, you agree to grant The Reel Africa Film Festival and Dundalk Institute of Technology the right to publish, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, perform, display and exhibit the entry, either in part or in its entirety, in any media in any country;
- By entering the competition, you confirm that your entry is wholly original to you and that the owners of any copyright or otherwise protected material, including any music, incorporated in your movie have consent to its use for the purposes of this competition and that all subjects used in this movie have done so of their own consent, have agreed to appear in this movie and are aware of its possible publication on The Reel Africa Film Festival website;
- By entering the competition, you confirm that material submitted does not infringe or violate the rights of any person, firm or entity, including within that limitation, that the material submitted does not infringe any copyright in any other work, or any persons right of privacy, publicity, integrity or paternity (or “other moral rights”) and is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory or otherwise injurious to third parties;
- Compliance with relevant laws is your sole responsibility;
- The Reel Africa Film Festival and Dundalk Institute of Technology reserve the right at their sole discretion to eliminate, select, publish or reject any content and material provided to it by you and may in its sole discretion remove any or all movies from The Reel Africa Film Festival website;
- By entering you agree that you may be contacted by The Reel Africa Film Festival in relation to the competition and agree to take part in any publicity that occurs as a result of the competition and grant permission to The Reel Africa Film Festival and Dundalk Institute of Technology and their agencies to use your name and/or image and likeness;
- All entries must be received by 5pm on 16th May 2008. The Reel Africa Film Festival and Dundalk Institute of Technology is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries or the failure to receive an entry/entries for any reason whatsoever;
- The short listed entries will be notified by email in the week leading up to the festival and prize winners will be announced and prizes distributed on the closing night of the Reel Africa Film Festival (May 24th 2008). If the winners are not in attendance, prizes will be sent by post;
- Winners will be decided by the selection committee as appointed by The Reel Africa Film Festival. The decision of the committee is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding this decision;
- A list of prize winners will available after the festival by sending a SAE to Sarah McCann, Festival Director, The Reel Africa Film Festival, Dept. of Humanities, DKIT, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
Back to top